Not many people know that there’s a lot more to Koh Samui than just beaches and resorts! In this article, we’ll be exploring some of the hidden gems in Koh Samui that you’re not likely to find on your own.
Koh Samui is a beautiful island in the the Gulf of Thailand and one of the best places to visit in Southeast Asia. There are many things to do on the island, from enjoying the beaches and swimming in the clear blue waters, to exploring the jungle and visiting the many temples.
In this Koh Samui travel guide, we will give you some tips on what to do in Koh Samui and help you plan your ultimate trip to this paradise island.
Day Trips from Koh Samui
There are plenty of things to do in Koh Samui, but sometimes you just need to get away from the hustle and bustle of the island. If you’re looking for a day trip, there are plenty of options within a few hours of Koh Samui. Here are some of our favorites:
- Take a boat ride to Angthong National Marine Park: This protected area is made up of 42 islands and is home to beautiful coral reefs, mangrove forests, and limestone cliffs. You can spend the day exploring the islands by kayak or swimming in crystal-clear waters.
- Visit the Big Buddha Temple: This 12-meter-tall statue is one of the most popular landmarks on Koh Samui. The temple grounds offer stunning views of the coastline and are a great place to learn about Thai culture and religion.
- Go on an elephant trek: Elephant treks are a popular activity on Koh Samui and there are several companies that offer them. It’s a great way to see the island from a different perspective and get up close and personal with these gentle giants.
- Take a cooking class: If you’re interested in learning how to cook Thai food
Things to Do on Koh Samui
Koh Samui is a beautiful island in Thailand that offers visitors a variety of activities to enjoy. From relaxing on the beach to exploring the jungle, there is something for everyone to enjoy on Koh Samui. In this blog post, we will share with you some of the best things to do on Koh Samui so that you can make the most of your time on this idyllic island.
One of the best things to do on Koh Samui is to explore the island’s many beaches. With over 30 beaches to choose from, you’ll be spoiled for choice when it comes to finding the perfect spot to relax and soak up the sun. If you’re looking for a more active beach experience, you can try your hand at stand-up paddleboarding or kayaking. For those who want to explore the underwater world, Koh Samui also offers excellent snorkeling and diving opportunities
If you’re looking for some adventure, head into the jungle where you can go hiking, zip-lining, or even rock climbing. For something truly unique, try an elephant trek through the jungle – it’s an experience you won’t forget!
Where to Stay on Koh Samui
There are a few things to consider when choosing accommodation on Koh Samui – budget, location and whether you want a private villa or a hotel room. Most visitors to the island will stay in one of the many hotels or resorts that are dotted along the coastline. For those on a tight budget, there are some basic guesthouses available too.
If you’re looking for a bit more privacy and luxury, then renting a private villa is a great option. Villas come in all shapes and sizes, from 1-bedroom poolside apartments to sprawling 6-bedroom mansions. Many villas come with their own private pools, staff and even chefs – perfect for those who want to completely relax on their holiday.
When it comes to location, it really depends on what kind of holiday you’re after. If you want to be close to the action then staying in Chaweng or Lamai is a good idea. These areas have the most bars, restaurants and nightlife. Bophut is a little more laid-back but still has plenty of dining options, plus it’s home to Fisherman’s Village – a must-visit spot on Koh Samui. For
Getting Around on Koh Samui
There are a few different ways to get around on Koh Samui. You can rent a car, scooter, or bicycle, or take public transport.
If you’re planning on doing a lot of exploring, renting a car is probably the best option. You’ll have the freedom to go where you want, when you want. Just be sure to drive carefully – the roads can be a bit rough in places.
Scooters and bicycles are great for shorter journeys and for getting around in town. They’re relatively cheap to rent and easy to ride. Just be careful of the traffic – it can be chaotic at times!
Public transport on Koh Samui is cheap and efficient. There are buses and taxis that can take you wherever you need to go. Just be sure to agree on a price with the driver before you set off.
Safety Tips and Precautions
When it comes to visiting a new place, it is always important to research and be prepared in order to have a safe and enjoyable trip. Koh Samui is no exception. Here are some safety tips and precautions to keep in mind when traveling to this beautiful island.
- Be cautious of your belongings when out and about, as pickpockets are known to operate in areas with high tourist traffic.
- Keep an eye on your drink at all times, as there have been reports of visitors being drugged and robbed.
- If possible, avoid traveling alone at night.
- Be aware of your surroundings when swimming, as there have been cases of visitors being stung and killed by box jellyfish.
By following these simple safety tips, you can help ensure that your trip to Koh Samui is a safe and enjoyable one.
If you’re looking for a breathtaking island getaway, look no further than Koh Samui. This Thai island is teeming with natural beauty, from its lush jungle landscapes to its sparkling white beaches. And there’s no shortage of things to do, whether you’re interested in exploring the local culture or simply relaxing in paradise. So what are you waiting for? Start planning your trip to Koh Samui today!